Tuesday 8 June 2010

Nesting

Is there anything better than spending an evening making your surroundings yours?

An unexpected evening without The Boy turned into a wonderfully self-indulgent, yet productive, evening. Supper alone in the kitchen (with a glass of beer in the fading sun) gave way to pottering around upstairs. At some point my cleaning playlist was pulled up (the one that starts with credibly upbeat Stevie Wonder, and drops any pretence of cool around the 80 minute mark to combat flagging energy levels) and by 10 I'd unpacked the last of my clothes and cleared the spare room. I'm now basking in that tired, pat-on-the-back feeling that comes from a job well done.

Truth be told, I used to loathe my own company, it's only in the past two years I've come to cherish, and jealously safeguard, my time alone. I use it for housekeeping - things like my paperwork, housework, and work on myself (physical and mental).

Tomorrow, the remaining furniture in the study.

No comments:

Post a Comment