Thursday 15 July 2010

Care package

There are times I'm very grateful that I work part time. I can be there to provide support to others when they need it. Time is the one luxury I can give sometimes.

A good friend, Wenchy McWench (obviously not her real name, but she answers to it!) was taken into hospital a few hours ago with breathing difficulties. She's just come back from a month's digging in Belize, so her concern is that it's something nasty. I'm putting together a waiting room package, as many issues of Vogue I can find, a pack of cards, a drawing pad for doodles (she's forever mocking my total lack of drawing skills, and requests doodles just to make her laugh), and a big bottle of water. That should do it, right?

Oh, and cash. Nothing worse than being stuck opposite a vending machine for hours on end with no change.

No comments:

Post a Comment