Tuesday 27 July 2010

Weekend round up

The weekend was very quiet for The Boy and I. He'd had a stressful week at work, and just wanted to relax. The whole thing can be summed up in two words: food and films.

Friday night was fish pie and Ocean's Eleven (the George Clooney one) - Fish pie better than I'd feared (you should have seen the colour of it when it went in...), Ocean's Eleven quite entertaining, but not as much of a romp as I'd been expecting.

Saturday was our usual poached egg on toast with awesome coffee, leftover fish pie and a day spent pootling round the kitchen making muhammara, mutabal, and tabbouleh (lots of charring of vegetables and frenzied chopping!). Films watched were Antitrust (truly awful, and woefully dated) and Catch Me If You Can ( LOVED this, I think it was when Leonardo DiCaprio started to shake off the teen heartthrob burden and become awesome)

Sunday was the scoffing of food made on Saturday (with massive amounts left for weekday lunches), and watching The Incredibles, Toy Story 2, Die Hard and the new Sherlock thing for the BBC. I liked it, though the plot was ever so thin. Maybe now I'll have an excuse to fancy Benedict Cumberbatch...

So much relaxing over two days, so why was I tired when Monday came around?!

No comments:

Post a Comment